Monday, May 18, 2009

Classes 6 & 7 and a huge triumph!

Taking two more classes this weekend is a secondary achievement to completing 18 holes of golf on Saturday morning. Hubby challenges me to do something and I'm going to do it. We played 18 holes at a public course in central Vermont. Some of these holes were over 400 yards! I didn't keep score. I was more focused on not holding up the people behind us. It became clear that we were doing fine, just moving right along, not holding up anyone or embarrassing ourselves.

Once my nerves settled a little bit I quite enjoyed myself. My swing fell apart completely the last five holes. I couldn't get under the ball at all. But I had some good tee shots and had a respectable day. That was a major major thing to overcome! We're now officially golfers!

So I came home after golf and a nice lunch and eventually went into my "hot closet" and did the bikram class. I'm not going to lie, I did not push myself terribly hard. I wasn't sure how sore I would be from the golf and I didn't want to get into areas of muscles that were already wonky. But after walking 3 miles at least, playing 18 holes, I still got in my bikram. I am strong!

Sunday morning it was a nice hot long class in the studio. Sunday morning is such a fantastic time to practice for me. It reminds me of swimming at 6:30 am when I was younger, every Sunday morning. No matter what you do you deserve a nice long hard workout on Sunday morning. It leaves you luxuriously tired and able to sleep Sunday night.

No comments: