Monday, June 15, 2009

Classes 7 through 12 of the 30 day challenge (21-26 of the summer)

I have not been great about posting this last week as my computer access was limited. So a quick recap of tons of classes here!

Tuesday was a really difficult day for me. I was very sore and tired from Monday night's class and practiced at home. It was tough to stay focused and even just to be in the postures at all. I didn't do much and rested a lot.

Wednesday I felt guilty about doing so little on Tuesday and just felt like I didn't have what it takes to be a teacher, or to make it through the training. I showed up for class really needing a pep talk and that's what I got - I big smile and cheering words from a teacher, that I would have classes like that when I'm practicing as much as I am now. She taught a fun class, had us laughing the whole time, and I felt renewed and recharged when I left.

Thursday I went to Burlington to take a class from the studio head there, and to introduce myself. It was a fabulous class, and I was welcomed and told that my attention to detail regarding alignment was spot on and that I have good mental toughness and will make a great teacher. Kinder words were never said! It was so wonderful to hear that after what transpired on Tuesday. I got a real boost.

Friday - worked hard
Saturday - worked hard, special gift of a Saturday class at the local studio
Sunday - I was dead from weeding and yoga on Saturday, but I made it through all the postures.

I just found out that teacher training has been pushed back a few weeks in the fall. Good thing I didn't buy a plane ticket yet! This affects many decisions for our family - but we'll figure it all out. I'm glad I got my bosses to agree to let me go before this happened... and it gives me more time to raise money.

No comments: