Tuesday, June 16, 2009

13 of 30 down!

Yesterday's class was in my regular studio. There's not much to report really, as I did a very solid class. I didn't push especially hard, but my maintenance level practice got me through. I found triangle pose to be challenging yesterday. I just did not want to be in the pose, nor did I want to come into the pose fully like I've been practicing.

Maybe this had to do with having a few glasses of wine on Sunday night...

I like the idea of having a base level of strength to get me through all the poses in a respectable way when I'm not feeling that great. Of course I like to push myself and "struggle harder" as Bikram says... but when you're practicing all the time, it's not advisable to push like that in every class. You can injure yourself.

With training moved six weeks or so later in the year, I now have six more weeks to get my baseline practice to a deeper and stronger place. I feel great and look great (if I do say so myself) from practicing every day. I can't wait to see how my body has responded by August 1. I won't be practicing every day in July but from here on out I will be practicing 90% of the time (daily.)

No comments: