Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A confession about balance...

image compliments of http://sweettea.typepad.com
I am rushing.

I'm hurtling through life, throwing myself at one thing after the next.

I may need to reevaluate some of my goals to give myself a little more time... in my days, and in my weeks.

I believe that meditation, resting in the present, being not doing, is the key to a greater sense of peace for me. Meditation has been a gift to me recently.  However, in the hectic busy-ness of every day life, I rarely have true space for meditation.

 It's easy to get frustrated with the slow rate of true change. My resistance to meditation is slipping away.  I'm hungry for it now. I find that I miss it when I don't have a chance to sit for just a bit.

This has been a confession.  I remain accountable to my greatest good; I will add in the thing that may bring more joy!  I will celebrate each time I make it to the cushion!

image compliments of artween DEKORA ART GALLERY
May all sentient beings have happiness and its causes, 
May all sentient beings be free of suffering and its causes, 
May all sentient beings never be separated from bliss without suffering, 
May all sentient beings be in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.
- Compliments of View on Buddhism

No comments: