Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Powerhouse

Last night - practice: room just did not feel hot. Standing balancing series not as good as Sunday but all in all things felt good and I worked hard. I got about 80% back into my first backbend - 80% of my max. It has been two weeks since I've been able to go back to any kind of depth.

My body is changing. Half Tortoise and Rabbit poses are my gauge for that. I did an awesome rabbit feet together good grip hips high for about the first time ever last night. Very exciting. Had one of those days where energy built and built and by separate leg head to knee with stretching on the floor at the end, I was flexing so hard my heel was inches off the ground.

Also (thanks dancingdj) I tried to create CRAMP ON TOP OF THE THIGH in standing head to knee pose. Didn't succeed, but remembered to try!

I came out of class feeling good, ready to turn around and teach. The class I taught last night was SO HIGH IN ENERGY. I mean I wasn't pepping them to death - I was managing my voice volume in the small room, micromanaging the heat. But I was so enthused and energized from my own last two classes I was really bringing the energy. It was a challenging class but a class with a really good clip - nice pace - and I killed them. But we had fun. Had some newbies in the room as well.

I can't speak highly enough of my Monday night practice then teach. The only problem is how to sleep afterward! I could not sleep last night.

2 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

It's so awesome when the energy builds and builds instead of feeling wiped out by those last two postures. And I imagine you "killed them with kindness". :)

Unknown said...

I killed them with information and energy, while keeping the class moving so no time to dwell on feeling tired. One guy said I might have to call 911 for him after class. He said it with a smile though! And he's been practicing for ten years.